Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Time to Buy Another

The Mrs. and I are at the point in our homeowner's journey that we're looking to replace furniture and other items that we bought earlier in our relationship. Things that have been through a couple moves, two states, and much more.

One such item that we've noticed getting less and less comfortable is our mattress!

Being a stubborn husband, it sometimes takes a while for things to sink in (no pun intended!) and to really understand what my wife is trying to tell me! She's been telling me for a bit now that the bed is uncomfortable and is showing its age. I'm not sure how long these things are supposed to last, but I guess I thought they lasted longer!

However, in doing some quick research tonight (thanks to my handy-dandy friend Google!), I do see that the average lifespan of a mattress is five to seven years. Only 5-7 years for a mattress? Huh. Could've fooled me with how much we spent buying it!

One great resource that I did find was "The Mattress Underground" - a whole site dedicated to creating educated mattress consumers.



I feel a little bit better about having to purchase a new mattress now - if we need to - because of the quick research that I did tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment